Location: Norsask Forestry Products – Meadow Lake, SK
Employment Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Posting End Date: August 12, 2020
NorSask Forest Products LP is the largest independent wholly-owned First Nations sawmill in Canada.
The mill has been producing high-quality lumber for over 40 years with operational capacity in excess of 100 million board feet of lumber per year on a two-shift basis. Our products are shipped across North America.
Accounting Clerk Job Duties:
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
- Accounts payable processing including:
- Pays invoices by verifying transaction information
- Scheduling and preparing disbursements
- Obtaining authorization of payment
- Accounts receivable processing including:
- Bank deposits
- Preparing and mailing invoices
- Identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
- Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
- Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Sales support & back up
- Front end support & back up
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- University Degree/College Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration
- Experience in Accounts payable and /or Receivables (2+ years preferred)
- Experience in Electronic Accounting software considered an asset
- Capable of performing accurate data entry with keen attention to detail
- Professional communication and demeanor
- Administrative writing skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Strong organization skills and time management skills is necessary
- Strong problem solving abilities
To apply please send your cover letter and resume by email to Kim Chiverton, Human Resources Advisor, MLTC Industrial Investments LP at firstname.lastname@example.org