NorSask Forest Products is committed to:
- Achieving and maintaining sustainable forest management standards;
- Continually improving our sustainable forest management performance;
- Improving our knowledge and understanding of forests by monitoring advances in sustainable forest management science and technology in order to continually improve our operating procedures and minimize environmental impact;
- Preventing environmental pollution;
- Complying with environmental legislation, regulations, policies and other requirements that apply to our forestry activities;
- Providing for public participation in our forestry plans and activities;
- Respecting Aboriginal and treaty rights and providing participation opportunities for Aboriginal peoples with respect to their rights and interest in our forestry activities;
- Providing the necessary knowledge and safeguards to facilitate a safe environment for forestry workers and the public;
- Continually monitoring and improving our environmental and sustainable forest management performance through the establishment of environmental and forest management objectives and targets, regular evaluations and initiation of action plans where required.
Environmental and forest stewardship is both a corporate and individual responsibility. We will provide the tools and training to promote employee and contractor understanding and achievement of our environmental and sustainable forest management policy.